The National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA) is calling on suitable and qualified individuals who wish to apply for the ongoing 2019/20 scholarship scheme to do so as the application portal is now open. NITDA Scholarship Application form is available on its official website and this article will guide you through the application process.
NITDA with its mandate of transforming Nigeria into an IT-driven economy for global competitiveness has since established this scholarship scheme for Masters (MSc) and Doctorate (PhD) Degrees in relevant areas of Information Technology (IT) obtainable in Nigerian (Government and Private) universities.
If you’ve been looking for a scholarship scheme that can help you go through your educational level, then here is one right scheme you should apply on. As long as you meet the requirements and you are determined, you can surely get the scholarship award.
The sponsorship for the Master’s programme will run for one year while the Doctorate programme will run for three years.
Application is totally free and you should not make the mistake of paying money to anybody to help you with the application process or securing the scholarship award for you.
NITDA Scholarship Eligibility
To be eligible, you must satisfy the following conditions
- The scholarship scheme is for Nigerians
- PhD: For sponsorship, only university and polytechnic lecturers with MSc in any information technology-related field are eligible to apply.
- MSc: Holders of first-class or Second Class (Upper) honors bachelor’s degree, in information technology-related field and law, are eligible to apply.
THIS MIGHT ALSO INTEREST YOU TOO: How To Apply For NNPC-TOTAL Undergraduate Scholarship Application
The scholarship award is strictly based on merit and is evenly distributed between the six geographical zones for PhD, 36 states and FCT for MSc.
NITDA Available Scholarship
Scholarship Title—————Program Type
- PhD for IT courses——————Ph D
- MSc for IT courses——————Masters
- MSc for law courses——————L L M
Remember that one of the main reason you have to know above the program above is that is the only available scholarship type you will have to choose from while applying
NITDA Scholarship Application Form
To apply for the NITDA scholarship award, carefully follow the steps given below.
- Go to the scholarship application portal at scholarship.nitda.gov.ng
- Click on “Apply” at the top of the page
- Click on Start Application in the appropriate scholarship type or program time you really wish to proceed with your application.
So at this point, you will then follow up on the requirements to proceed to complete your application because is just very easy from here.
Application Closing Date
The closing date for the scholarship award application is on November
A comprehensive aptitude test(s) will be conducted to determine successful candidates for the award and only candidates who are found eligible will be shortlisted. And for the best performing applicants, there will be a further interview which will include verification of their credentials.
If you have any questions on this NITDA Scholarship Application, feel free to use the comment box below. Also, let friends who might want to apply to know by sharing this article on your social media account.