Longing to be a Commonwealth Master’s Scholar? While searching for steps on How to Apply for Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships, there are other things you also need to know in other to enlighten you about the program.
To Apply for Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships is easy but first, you will have to remember that these scholarships are for candidates from low and middle-income Commonwealth countries, to undertake full-time taught Master’s study at a UK university. And the Commonwealth Masters Scholarship Program is Funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID).
You also have to take note that the scholarships are offered under six themes which include;
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security, and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion, and opportunity
So without taking much of the time here, you can check below to see all you just need to know about this Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships Application
Necessary Requirements for Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships Applicant
Before you can apply for the program, there are supporting documents which are required of you for your application to be eligible for consideration, and such documents include;
1. Proof of citizenship or refugee status – uploaded to the online application system
2. Full transcripts detailing all your higher education qualifications including to-date transcripts for any qualifications you are currently studying (with certified translations if not in English) – uploaded to the online application system
3. References from at least two individuals – submitted directly by the referees to the online application system (referees will be sent an email request)
So these are the requirements, you can as well check below to see the full eligibility before applying for the Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships
Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships Eligibility
Before you can apply for the program, there are some criteria that you are expected to possess before you can be able to apply for the program with confidence. And to apply for these scholarships, you must:
- Have provided all supporting documentation in the required format
- Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country http://cscuk.dfid.gov.uk/apply/masters-scholarships/#countries
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- Be available to start your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2020
- By September 2020, hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) honors standard, or a second class degree (2:2) and relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree). The CSC would not normally fund a second UK Master’s degree. If you are applying for a second UK Master’s degree, you will need to provide justification as to why you wish to undertake this study
- Be unable to afford to study in the UK without this scholarship
Note that the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission is devoted to a particular policy of equal opportunity and non-discrimination and as well encourages application from a diverse range of candidates.
DON’T MISS THIS: How To Apply for Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation Program Scholarship Free
You can as well visit the CSC disability support statement. http://cscuk.dfid.gov.uk/apply/csc-disability-support-statement/ for more information on the support available for disabled candidates.
Eligible Commonwealth countries
The following are countries eligible or rather qualified for the program;
Antigua and Barbuda, Bangladesh, Belize, Botswana, Cameroon, Dominica, Eswatini, Fiji, The Gambia, Ghana, Grenada, Guyana, India, Jamaica, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Malawi, Malaysia, Mauritius, Montserrat, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Rwanda,Samoa, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Sri Lanka, St Helena, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Tanzania, Tonga, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu, Zambia.
Take note that the applications will be considered or rather selected considering the following criteria;
1. Academic merit of the candidate
2. Quality of the plan of study
3. The potential impact on the development of the candidate’s home country
How to Apply for Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships
As an applicant, you need to make sure that you go through the eligibility status and the necessary requirements to be certain that you are qualified to proceed with the application process. The following are the steps you need to follow for your application to be a success;
First thing first, you must apply to one of the following nominating bodies because the commonwealth scholarship commission(csc) does not accept direct applications for these scholarships, The nominating bodies include;
National nominating agencies (http://cscuk.dfid.gov.uk/apply/national-nominating-agencies) and note that this is the main route of application
Selected non-governmental organizations and charitable bodies (http://cscuk.dfid.gov.uk/apply/nominating-ngos/)
NOTE; Each nominating body is responsible for its own selection process and may have additional eligibility criteria and you must check with your nominating body for their specific advice and rules for applying, their own eligibility criteria, and their own closing date for applications.
Make sure that your application is done using the CSC’s online application system because the CSC will not accept any applications that are not submitted via the online application system.
To make the online application, you have to visit the login page in order to have access to the application form. Visit the login page at https://fs29.formsite.com/m3nCYq/iy6rpgiqua/form_login.html
Once the page opens, you fill in the necessary requirements which include your username, your password, and your email address. Then you click on submit. Note that it is very important that your login user name is the same with your email address
You can as well visit this site for the application form http://cscuk.dfid.gov.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/Commonwealth-2020-Masters-Application-Form-Read-only.pdf
You must make sure that you fill the form correctly and it is also your responsibility to ensure that your referees are able to complete the references by the deadline and that they receive the reference requests.
After filling the form, you make sure you submit the application by 16:00 (GMT) on 30 October 2019 at the latest.
You are advised to complete and submit your application as soon as possible, as the online application system will be very busy in the days leading up to the application deadline.
NOTE THAT: All inquiries about these scholarships should be directed to your nominating body. So if in case you have any questions or opinions to make, quickly use the comment box below in dropping them all.