Most people have been seriously wondering if it’s still possible to Apply For Fully Funded MTN Foundation Scholarship or if it has come to an end, but I’m glad to inform you that this year edition of the MTN Foundation Scholarship application has commenced.
The Fully Funded MTN Foundation Scholarship is aimed at financing School bills for Brilliant and Excellent students. The MTN Foundation Scholarship is for full-time second-year students studying in public tertiary institutions (universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education) in Nigeria.
The vision of this foundation is to produce leaders in CSR initiatives in Nigeria measured by the impact and sustainability of the projects on our host communities while their mission is to improve the quality of life in the area of Health, Education and Economic Empowerment on a sustainable basis.
It is important you check below to know the courses offered in the program so as to know if you are qualified for the program before you can proceed to Apply For Fully Funded MTN Foundation Scholarship.
MTN Foundation Scholarship Field/Area of Study
There are many courses that are eligible for the scholarship program. Bear in mind that its only application from students studying one of the under-listed courses will be considered, and the courses include:
- Agric. Extension and Rural Development
- Agricultural Science
- Animal Nutrition
- Aquaculture and Fisheries Management
- Applied Physics
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Animal Production and Health
- Electrical Engineering
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Animal Breeding and Genetics
- Electronics and Computer Technology
- Computer and Mathematics
- Electronics Engineering
- Engineering Physics
- Industrial Mathematics
- Computer and Information Science
- Industrial Physics
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
- Petroleum and Gas Engineering
- Computer and Electronics
- Physics Electronics
- Physics/ Computational Modeling
- Pure/ Applied Physics
- Statistics and Computer Science
- System Engineering
DON’T MISS: Fully Funded MasterCard Scholarship Application for Africans, USA, Canada
Objectives of the MTN Foundation Scholarship
The foundation has its objectives which will impact positively on the students and also on the world at large. and such objectives include:
Alleviation of health challenges currently facing the country
Facilitation of economic empowerment of Nigerian citizens
Provision of access to educational opportunities
MTN Foundation Scholarship Requirements
As an applicant of the scholarship program, there are necessary requirements you must provide. Before then, the applicants’ details must be verified and shortlisted candidates will then be invited for an assessment. While coming for the assessment, you are required to come with the following documents
1. 2 recent passport photographs
2. Valid students Identity Card(ID Card)
3. Any other means of identification (National ID card, International passport or Driver’s license)
4. Admission letter for the HND programs (For Polytechnic students only)
5. Admission letter from JAMB and institution of study
You must make sure you have these documents ready before you receive your invitation for the assessment.
Eligibility for MTN Foundation Scholarship
Do you think you have what it takes to be an MTN Foundation Scholar? Here are stages you must be in other to be qualified or eligible to proceed with the program
- Applicants from public Universities and Colleges of Education in Nigeria must be full-time undergraduates in 200 level/2nd years as of the time of the application.
- Applicants from public Universities and Colleges of Education must have a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) score of 3.5 or its equivalent (2:1)
- Direct entry-level students must have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 (upper credit) from the OND program and must have secured admission into 200 level/2nd years in a public University.
- Applicants from public Polytechnics must have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 (upper credit) from the Ordinary National Diploma (OND) program and must have secured admission into the Higher National Diploma program (HND).
Read below to know the benefits of the program
MTN Foundation Scholarship Applicant’s Benefits
As a qualified applicant, here are things you stand to gain during the program;
- Financial assistance to students who might not be able to pay for their tertiary education but have excellent performance in their academic work
- There will be the renewal of scholarship every year until graduation for existing awardees if there is a maintenance of a minimum CGPA of 3.5 or a second class upper/upper credit
Note that Scholarships will be awarded to a maximum of 500 qualified and successful full-time Nigerian students studying science and technology-related courses and the scholarship will also cover the stipends, tuition and book allowance
How To Apply For Fully Funded MTN Foundation Scholarship
Before you apply for the program, you must make sure that you are eligible to apply for the program and as well have the required documents. Below are steps you need to follow in order to make sure that your application will be a success
1. Visit the official MTN Foundation Scholarship Portal at http://foundation.mtnonline.com/scholarship-scheme/register
2. Then you click on “Register now”
3. When you click on the tag “Register now”, a platform will be reviewed and you follow the instructions given to you to proceed the registration
How to Apply for MTN Foundation Scholarship 2020-2021 will surely not be a problem to you at all once you follow the above guide.