Are you looking forward to studying in the United Kingdom? We’ve got good news for you as the 2020/21 Chevening Scholarship application portal has been open for interested and qualified applicants who want to study in the United Kingdom. The opportunity to study in the UK where “ideas come alive” is here for you, if you ever had that dream of studying abroad.
Do you consider yourself as someone with demonstrable leadership potential or with a strong academic background and a strong vision for the future? then is Chevening scholarship is for you. Don’t miss out in this opportunity if you’ve been meaning to study outside your country.
Chevening Scholarship is an international scholarship scheme which is awarded to scholars with leadership qualities from over 160 countries and territories to undertake postgraduate studies or course in universities in the United Kingdom. It is a scholarship scheme already funded and this is where it is of a great benefit for you as you won’t have to pay anything when it comes to your studies in the UK.
It is Free to apply for this scholarship scheme, all you have to do is make sure you meet up to the expectation which is the eligibility standards needed for you to apply.
Chevening Scholarship Programme
It is the UK Government’s global awards programme and it is funded by the foreign & commonwealth office and partner universities (including the University of Southampton). Chevening Scholarship support one year masters degrees in any field at any UK University.
The programme is a fully-funded scholarship and is aimed at future leaders and decision-makers.
What Does The Chevening Scholarship Award Include?
The Chevening Scholarship will cover the following for you:
- Payment of Tuition Fees
- An arrival allowance
- Economy travel to and from your country of residence by an approved route for you only
- A departure allowance
- A travel top-up allowance
- The cost of an entry clearance (visa) application for you only
- A contribution of up to £75 for TB testing (where this is required)
- A monthly stipend to cover your accommodation and living expenses.
- Enrichment and enhancement activities
Which Countries Are Eligible For Chevening Scholarship?
Chevening scholars are welcomed every year from around the world and the countries include:
- Hong Kong
- South Africa
- South Korea
- West Bank & Gaza
How Competitive Is The Chevening Scholarship Programme?
Judging from the various countries listed above that are involved in the scholarship programme and the fact that over 160 countries and territories take part in this programme to study in the United Kingdom, we can tell you that it is very much competitive and as a scholar that wants to be part of this programme, you must up your game by meeting the basic requirements and instructions concerning the scholarship.
Chevening Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the Chevening scholarship award, you must:
- Be a citizen of Chevening eligible country
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended
- Have at least two years’ work experience
- Have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at a UK university
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 16 July 2020
- Meet the Chevening English language requirement by 16 July 2020
Once you have understood these above eligibilities, then you are just very much good to go with below guide for your application free.
2020/21 Chevening Scholarship Application
Before you start your application, ensure you have the following ready to be able to complete your application.
- A valid passport or national ID Card
- Three different UK Master’s course choices
- University transcripts and degree certificates
- The names and details of two valid referees
THIS MIGHT ALSO INTEREST YOU TOO: Fully Funded MasterCard Scholarship Application for Africans, USA, Canada
When the aforementioned are available, simply follow the steps below to apply for the scholarship award.
- Visit www.chevening.org/apply
- Select your country/territory and under ‘select your level’ make sure to select scholarship, then click on Search
- On the next page, kindly review the pages stated to help you prepare for your application
- You will see Apply on the page, click on it to start your application
The deadline for the application is on the 5th day of November, at 12:00 GMT.
Chevening Scholarship Application Tips
As stated earlier, this Chevening Scholarship award is very competitive. So as an applicant, you have to be serious and concentrate on the application so that you will be able to come out the best.
- Leave yourself plenty of time to proof-read your application
- Reflect on what transferrable skills you’ve gained from your work experience and try to include specific examples in your answers in the course of filling the application form
- Make sure to answer all questions as possible as you can
- Make a research on the choice of your course and how it will benefit your future plans
With all, you this info above, trust me when I say that your Applications will be surely successfully one you have taken your time in reading and understanding them all.
Nevertheless, you can as well use the comment section below in asking any of your questions and as well drop your opinions about this 2020/21 Chevening Scholarship Application for International Students.